Take a virtual tour of our school
Please contact the School Office on 09 630 1109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for 2020 Enrolment Applications Forms. Note: Out of zone enrolments have closed for 2020.
In Zone E-Enrolment applications FOR YEAR 7 AND 8 ARE NOW OPEN for 2021 (OUT OF ZONE NOW CLOSED).
Please click here for In Zone addresses.
IMPORTANT Please read the following information BEFORE you fill out the online enrolment form.
- Start date for Year 7 (at 9.00am) and Year 8 (at 11.00am), 2021 is Tuesday 2 February (you will need this information to complete the online enrolment form.)
- Leave NSN (National Student Number) blank when you fill out the online enrolment.
- Provide us with 2 caregivers and 2 emergency contacts
Once the online enrolment form is completed, the following documents need to be attached.
To upload all your separate attachments at one time, hold down “ctrl” and select all of them.
- Student Medical Consent Form-please click here to download
- School Trips & Activities Form-please click here to download
- Proof of Identity
- NZ born students
- Birth Certificate or passport details page
- Students born outside NZ
- NZ passport details page or Citizenship Certificate
- All other Nationalities
- Passport details page and Residency permit or Student Visa / permit
- NZ born students
- Proof of Address (IN-ZONE ONLY)
- Sales and Purchase Agreement or Current Tenancy Agreement
InCaregiver # 1 section, please confirm you have ticked the Select As Applicable section.
In Caregiver # 1 section, please confirm you have chosen to add another caregiver, and provide us with 2 caregivers and 2 emergency contacts.
(Out of Zone Only) In the Enrolment Details section, Please confirm you have selected the Enrolment Priority section.
Once you have gathered all the above required information, begin the enrolment processing using the button belowStart Online Enrolment
2021 Term Dates
Term 1: Tuesday 2 February – Friday 16 April
Term 2: Monday 3 May – Friday 9 July
Term 3: Monday 26 July – Friday 1 October
Term 4: Monday 18 October – Wednesday 15 December
2021 Enrolments (In Zone and Out of Zone)
The 2021 enrolment process has four stages:
- School tours
- Parent information evenings
- Entrance test
- A one on one interview with a member of the senior leadership team
They take place as follows:
- In Zone and Out of Zone E-Enrolments are now open for Year 7 and Year 8.
- The closing date for Out of Zone applications is Wednesday 2 September 2020.
- The ballot date for all Out of Zone applications is Wednesday 9 September 2020.
- Out of Zone applications will be notified by email if they are successful or not by 3.00pm, Friday 11 September 2020.
- Those successful in the ballot are asked to confirm acceptance of the place by Friday 25 September 2020.
1. School tours
Prospective students and their families are invited to join us on one of our school tours. The tour focuses on giving students a taste of what next year will bring. Both students and their parents/caregivers are welcome to join our tours as they are open to anyone interested in knowing more about our school. You only need to attend one as the same content will be covered during each tour. These tours showcase our school on a normal school day and highlight what you expect as a learner at ANI in 2021.
Book your place below on one of our school tours. Once booked, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
|School Tour – Cancelled due to COVID-19 L2 restrictions||Tuesday 19th May||9-10am|
|School Tour #1 (Online Tour)||Tuesday 2nd June||1.30-2.30pm|
|School Tour #2 (Online Tour)||Wednesday 24th June||11-12pm|
|School Tour #3||Tuesday 21st July||9-10am|
|School Tour #4 – Cancelled due to COVID-19 L3 restrictions||Wednesday 26th August||1.30-2.30pm|
|School Tour #5 – Cancelled due to COVID-19 L2.5 restrictions||Thursday 17th September||11-12pm|
School Tour #6 (newly added)
School Tour #7 (newly added)
School Tour #8
Tuesday 13th October
Wednesday 14th October
Thursday 15th October
School Tour #9 (newly added)
School Tour #10
Thursday 29th October
Thursday 5th November
2. Parent information evenings
Parents/caregivers of prospective students are invited to join us at one of our information evenings for 2021 enrolments (dates and times below). They are aimed at providing parents, rather than students, with information about learning programmes, assessments and how our school runs. You will come away better informed about how ANI operates.
Please note that there is no need to book Parents Information Evenings. You are welcome to just pop in to any session that works for you.
|Parent Information Evening – Cancelled due to COVID-19 L2 restrictions||Tuesday 19th May||Starts 6pm|
|Parent Information Evening #1 – Cancelled due to illness||Tuesday 2nd June||Starts 6pm|
|Parent Information Evening #2 – on ZOOM – email email@example.com for Zoom link||Wednesday 24th June||Starts 6pm|
|Parent Information Evening #3||Tuesday 21st July||Starts 6pm|
|Parent Information Evening #4 – on ZOOM – link here||Wednesday 26th August||Starts 6pm|
|Parent Information Evening #5 – on ZOOM – link here||Thursday 17th September||Starts 6pm|
|Parent Information Evening #6||Thursday 15th October||Starts 6pm|
|Parent Information Evening #7||Thursday 5th November|
3. Entrance test
For those in zone, entrance testing will happen on the following dates:
- Newmarket Primary School, Monday 14 September at 9.00am (at NPS)
- Cornwall Park District School, Wednesday 16 September at 11.00am (at CPDS)
- Maungawhau Primary School, Wednesday 16 September at 1.30pm (at MPS)
- Royal Oak Primary School, Monday 14 September at 11.00am (at ROPS)
- Epsom Normal Primary School, Monday 14 September at 1.30pm (at ENPS)
- Mt Eden Normal Primary School, Monday 21 September at 9.15am (at MENPS)
For those students who do not go the schools above or are out of zone who have been accepted, entrance testing will happen on the following dates (students only need to come to one date and there is no need to book):
- Monday 9 November at 9.30am (at ANI)
- Monday 16 November at 9.30am (at ANI)
4. One-on-one interview with a member of the senior leadership team
Bookings for one-on-one interviews are now live by clicking the button below.
- Tuesday 10 November between 1pm-5pm
- Wednesday 11 November between 9am-1pm
- Thursday 12 November between 9am-1pm
- Tuesday 17 November between 1pm-5pm
- Wednesday 18 November between 9am-1pm
Our uniform shop will also be open on these dates for your convenience.
5. 2021 Financial Payments
In 2021 we will ask for three financial payments.
1.VOLUNTARY PARENT DONATION
ANI is a high achieving decile 9 state funded school, however the funding we receive from the government is inadequate to provide the type of education and staffing ratios we offer. Each year the Board of Trustees requests a voluntary parent donation which is a key component of our budget because it allows us to provide:
- Specialist programmes – we have seven additional specialist teachers employed to deliver highly interactive Science, Technology – Digital / Hard materials, Technology – Food / Fabric, Physical Education, Arts, Language – French, and Language – Spanish.
- Smaller class sizes – on average our class sizes are well below many other Auckland Intermediate schools.
The costs for these and other initiatives cannot be met by government funding and we appreciate your contribution which will benefit students. The voluntary donation of $375.00 attracts a tax credit.
Voluntary Parent Donation $375.00
2.TAKE HOME ITEMS
This request is to pay for materials students use during the year in specialist areas such as technology or other subjects with a practical component (where students work with materials such as food or textiles). If students or parents agree to take ownership of finished projects and take them home then it can be expected the costs involved in completing each project are met. Obviously we endeavour to keep these costs to a minimum and always give students the choice to take home the finished product or not.
Take home Items $200.00
Each year we plan a number of visits, activities or guest speakers to supplement the learning programme. There is a cost associated with these events (e.g. a trip to the zoo). Parents often find it more convenient to pay in advance for these activities. A full breakdown of how this money was allocated to will be provided at the end of the year showing parents exactly how it was spent.
Payment in advance for Class Trips/Activities $85.00
PLEASE NOTE: PAYMENTS ABOVE EXCLUDE TERM ONE Y7 EOTC/Y8 CAMP (Estimated costs: EOTC $210 and Camp $400), OUT OF SCHOOL SPORT ACTIVITIES AND CENTRAL ZONE SPORTS EVENTS – Online banking to Auckland Normal Intermediate 12 3048 0291429 00.