When is Auckland Normal Intermediate open?
- School starts for students at 8:45am on Monday to Thursday and at 9:00am on Fridays. Students are permitted at school from 8:00am every morning. School closes at 3:00pm and students are expected to leave the school grounds then travel home.
- The school terms are given in the main school prospectus along with public holidays when the school is closed.
What do I need for classes?
- Make sure you always have a pencil, pen, ruler and eraser with you every day. Your teacher will tell you what exercise books you need.
- For the specialist classes, you need to wear your school style black leather shoes.
- When your class has PE you will need your PE shirt and shorts.
What if I am sick and cannot come to school?
- If you are sick and cannot come to school, make sure that your parents or caregivers contact the school to let the school know. Click here to report an absence.
- If you feel sick at school or if you hurt yourself at school, you need to go to the Reception area and inform the staff who will look after you.
- If you have an appointment during the school day and have to leave the school during the day or miss a day as a result of the appointment, your parent or caregiver needs to let the school know in advance through a written note.
What if I change my address and phone number?
- If you change your address or phone number your parents or caregivers need to let the school know by giving you a written note to take to your teacher or the school Office.
What about breaks and meals?
- There is a break in the morning from 10:30am to 10:50am and a break for lunch from 12:30pm to 1:25pm every day.
- Lunches can be bought through ezlunch online using the internet www.ezlunch.co.nz. Snack foods can also be bought during the lunch break from the tuckshop at 12:40pm.
What do I do if my lunch disappears?
- If your lunch disappears from your bag or desk, let your classroom teacher know as soon as you find out. He or she will do what they can to find your lunch. They will also make sure that you do not go hungry at lunchtime.
What do I do if I am bullied?
- If you are teased or bullied at school, coming to school, or going home from school, you must let your classroom teacher or the teacher responsible for international students (Amy Harrison) know as soon as you can. We do not like bullies and will do everything we can to prevent you being bullied.
May I use my email at school?
- Students can use the Internet and a teacher must be present to make sure that you access suitable sites. You will need to sign a Student Communication Technology Agreement (this will be in the enrolment pack).
- Private email addresses (e.g hotmail) cannot be used at school.